Friday, May 30, 2008

The Space Between the Wall and My Van

The house we are renting here in Louisville has a huge 2 1/2 car garage with plenty of room to store all of our children's toys, strollers, and bikes at the end of the garage and yet be able to walk around the vehicles when parked in the garage. This is a huge contrast to the so-called 2-car garage we had in Minnesota. There, we had to park the van and the car next to each other with their side mirrors overlapping--about 6 inches between each vehicle all just to be able to get out of our vehicles. It was pretty tight. So the other day as I was getting out of the van, I realized how much you appreciate things like open space when you didn't have it before. Not only am I incredibly blessed to have two vehicles I own, I am blessed with an abundance of stuff to put into a garage.

But you know what thought hit me harder than all of that? Most people in the world outside of Disneyland-America live with all of their possessions... in a space that would fit between the wall and my van.

No comments: