Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My Necessary Defense

On the sidebar of my blog you may have noticed the "just listened" section. If you have ever observed a sampling of those or by chance looked at my profile, you notice that today's "just listened" assortment appears that I am either suffering from multi-personality syndrome or have gone completely looney. Under normalcy I do not find myself listening to the likes of Sandi Patty or Steve Green unless under much duress.

That "just listened" list is actually a dynamically updated list that reflects the 5 most recent artists listened to under my Rhapsody subscription. My wife and I were taking a look at the wedding album of the daughter of one of our friends from back in the day at Appleton. I said, "Let's take a look at the baby countdown on my blog and see what it's looking like..." It was then that I noticed the recent update to my "just listened" block and about fell out of my chair laughing. I was laughing about how totally uncool I will now appear to all of my friends. Or maybe they'll even think I'm... well... you fill in the blank.

But now that I think about it, I discovered from the teens in our church youth group two years ago that I am absolutely not cool at all. But you know what, that's okay because God loves me anyway... even if my wife does listen to old fuddy-duddy music. (I'm sure she'd be quick to remind me that when she hears me whistling, it's typically an old hymn that would surely be sung at some Finney revival meeting. I think last night it was "Springs of Living Water.")

No comments: