Monday, July 28, 2008

My Funny Wife

There are so many things about Audrea that I love. One of them is her quick wit and sometimes all out silliness. Last night she said something that had us in tears...

I try to pretend that I'm somewhat of a coffee connosieur. I don't like to settle for your regular, run-of-the-mill coffees. The problem is--I honestly don't have a trained palate that can distinguish the nuances between fine coffees. Oh, I can usually tell if I'm drinking the good stuff, but I couldn't tell you the particular differences other than dark and bold versus light and mild.

So last night, Audrea and I were feeling pretty exhausted and goofing off looking at Facebook. She gets up to go put her empty coffee cup in the sink, and I tell her, "You know, these beans I bought today are from Mexico." And she replies, "Oh yeah, you can just taste the chihuahua."

2 comments:

Audrea said...

No, see, that was only funny because we were half dead from exhaustion! When you laugh until you're crying about THAT, it should be a clue you're REALLY sleepy--because I don't think it makes any sense this morning! :) (Which was why it was so funny at the time and still makes me smile? hmm...oh well. That's why we're a good pair--we're easily entertained. Take riding the escalator we really enjoyed last week...)

rickaren said...

i would agree with audrea-- that's not all that funny. maybe you guys need a nap.