Thursday, April 17, 2008

T4G Musings, Part 1

By the generous providence of God I was blessed to attend Together for the Gospel over the last 3 days! I had the opportunity to fellowship with great friends and be deeply encouraged in my faith.

I spent the majority of the time with my newest friend, David Ward, who leads worship at Redeemer Bible Church. (FYI, you should check out David's music and Worship Organizer.)

Wednesday for lunch I was blessed to spend time with the pastors of Eden Baptist Church in Savage--Dan Miller and Jon Pratt. Dr. Pratt taught me Greek exegesis at Central Seminary. Over lunch, I learned that Central will be taking on Dr. Pratt as their full-time professor of New Testament Studies. This will be filling a huge gap that had been left by Dr. Bob Milliman. It was such an encouraging time of theological conversation.

Wednesday evening I went out for supper with a dear friend I had met and grown close to in my early days of college in Danville, Illinois--Kirby Myers. Kirby is shepherding a growing church that God enabled him to plant in 2002 in the Indianapolis area. I was also able to spend some time with a very sharp guy that I had only known briefly while I worked at the Open Door Christian Bookstore when it was located in Danville--Scott Gunter. He is a missionary to India working with Pioneers.

Finally, Wednesday evening during the singing I recognized someone from the back of their head who I hadn't seen since last summer--Cory Rintala! We were able to worship together this morning during the first session and briefly catch up.

It is so fantastic to be able to know so many godly friends who are experiencing growing ministries and seeing God's glory be magnified!
Over the next few days I am going to post some of my thoughts on each of the sessions. In the meantime, I'll let you peruse over the stack of books I received for free as an attendee:

No comments: