Thursday, November 22, 2007

What I'm Thankful For

We're spending Thanksgiving with Audrea's parents, Tom and Bev, in Nekoosa, Wisconsin, and having such a wonderful time! At our dinner this afternoon, we went around the table telling each other what we were thankful for. I started off by telling everyone that though I really want our house to sell, I'm actually thankful that it hasn't sold yet for many reasons. God has brought so many blessings our way since February. Blessings that are often disguised as difficult trials that shape and mold us, but blessings of grace indeed.

Then later we got around to Savannah. After she told us what she was thankful for, I was fighting the tears back and realized that I was also so very thankful for a wonderful daughter like her. Instead of me telling you what she said, I'm going to let her post it here herself:

I am thankful for that my parents have not divorced, and both of them have Jesus Christ as their Savior, and that I have two little sisters that have a great imagination and that I have a baby brother,and that my daddy loves me, Sabrina and Elayna,and of course baby William,And since he loves me he helps me to become a better Christian.

3 comments:

Paul Fuller said...

Just a comment about Savannah's thankfulness over her parents not being divorced: Savannah has recently become more aware lately of people who are divorced and has developed new friendships with children whose parents are divorced. It has really struck her lately how pervasive it is. What a sad state of our culture. At the same time, I am glad Savannah has become aware of this reality in our world because it has impressed on her the value God places on covenants kept.

jillybean said...

This is such a sweet testimony to you as parents and to Savannah's tender heart for the Lord. I was encouraged by this tonight as I read it. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Paul,

All I can say it WOW! That is incredible. Charity has many times said things to me that have caused tears. Praise God for a little girl that is so sensetive to Gods love already!

Beth