Thursday, November 06, 2008

The Good and the Bad of the American Way

Sidenote: I realize it has been a long time since I posted anything original, but life at home, church, and school obviously should take a higher priority for me... Second, it's been even longer since I've updated you with pictures of the fam. So after this brief comment-post, I promise to post many days of family updates! I promise!

While nearly-everything President-Elect Obama stands for is antithetical to the very principles that guide my life, I am thrilled that I live in the day when a non-Caucasian has been elected President. It does say so much for the NAACP's extra-long-term-committed work over the generations, but says even more for the Glory of God as seen through the imago dei.

But here's what I want you think about: it took vision and long-term commitment to that vision to see equality of US citizens defended all the way to the top. Here's the scary thing--the ACLU, People for the American Way, and other rights-groups are fighting with the same kind of vision and commitment for a non-God-glorifying cause: to destroy God's design of gender and marriage. I am not just succumbing to some conspiracy theorists or egotistical, loud-mouthed conservative talk-radio hosts. Read it for yourself:
"The cultural acceptance of gay marriage is a long-term process,'' said
[Kathryn] Kolbert of People for the American Way.

No comments: